Saint Expedite Prayer for Urgent Needs

The greatest friends we have are those who are in heaven cheering us on as we struggle to overcome our sinful nature and live the Christian life.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise, KarlB

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Saint Expedite Prayer for Urgent Needs

Post by Denise » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:15 am

St. Expedite along with St. Anthony, and of course Our Dear Lord came through again in a swift and big way.

April 13th was the 3rd and final Memorial for my brother Dale. The first two were solemn but this was a celebration Crawfish Boil, a Cajun thing we do.

The crawfish boil almost turned into a hot tamale party. Brookshire’s didn’t have the crawfish when Dakota went to pick them up and he was frantic. Crawfish are scarce this year so he ordered them for a high price almost two weeks ago. We told him not to worry and we would order up enough tamales to feed 50 people, plus people were bringing other Cajun dishes. I prayed and prayed to St. Expedite, St. Anthony and asked Jesus to please take care of it, that they would find some crawfish. We had accepted that there may not be any available.

When we got to Dale's place, which is now Savannah and Dakota's house, Dakota was on the phone and had found crawfish a long way from where we were but he left to go and get them. At noon Stephen went to pick up the 10 dozen hot tamales. In the end we had some beautiful extra large and tasty crawfish and loads of good food including the tamales. The first thing I thought of was "Loaves and Fishes". So much awesome food was there and we even sent home a lot of food with the guests.

It was a nice final sendoff for Dale. There was a Marie Corp tribute for him with Taps being the last thing played, and then people got up and told stories about him. In the end it all worked out thanks to Jesus and the prayers of St. Expedite and St. Anthony.

Go to St. Expedite, he is ready to help!
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales