October 12th Blessed Carlo Acutis

The greatest friends we have are those who are in heaven cheering us on as we struggle to overcome our sinful nature and live the Christian life.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise, KarlB

Denise
Site Admin

October 12th Blessed Carlo Acutis

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:19 am

“For the first time in history we will see a saint dressed in jeans, sneakers, and a sweater…” These are some of the words spoken on the occasion of the beatification of Blessed Carlo Acutis in October of 2020. Blessed Carlo was born on May 3, 1991 and grew up in Italy. He enjoyed amateur computer programing and video games. From an early age he had a great devotion to the Holy Eucharist. He researched sites of Eucharistic miracles and then created a website to categorize them. This website still exists and has also been turned into a traveling exhibition of Eucharistic Miracles which has been seen around the world. Blessed Carlo Acutis suffered from leukemia and died on October 10, 2006 at the age of 15. He is remembered for his cheerfulness and compassion for those in need. He is the patron of computer programmers and youth and was beatified on behalf of Pope Francis on October 10, 2020. His exposed relics can be viewed in Assisi.

Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: October 12th Blessed Carlo Acutis

Post by MarieT » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:09 pm

he reminds me of my nephew....the smile is wonderful
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:03 am

he reminds me of my nephew
Wow, like you he favors someone close to me as well. He looks like Aniya's husband and in a picture of him when he was little he looked like Grayson. Then I realized he was born the same day as Aniya. I told her that she certainly must consider petitioning Carlo when she needs help and prayers.

He had the same thing that took the life of my cousin, Charlene, Little Cajun Saint, and at almost the same age. I can just see the two of them in Heaven now. 😊
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:46 am

oh wow and the same birthdate
thats profound - bless
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri May 24, 2024 8:02 am

Carlo Acutis to Be First Millennial Saint

I am positive Carlo is the one who took care of my Grayson. Grayson loves him and I even brought a picture of him to the hospital with me and Grayson kissed it. To be diagnosed with what he had and to go home the next afternoon is a miracle.

https://www.ncregister.com/cna/carlo-ac ... e=hs_email