Prayers for Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI

Pope Benedict XVI

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

Prayers for Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI

Post by MarieT » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:38 pm

His Eminence, Archbishop Georg Ganswein, prefect of the papal house and personal secretary of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, asks the world to pray for the holy Father.
His Eminence declares that Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is like a slow and serene fading candle, He is at peace with God, with God himself and with the world, he is unable to walk without help and can no longer celebrate the mass.
Let us offer prayers for the Holy Father as he continues on the path of life with Christ, whom he loves and serves with so much love and delivery, and with whom he longs to meet face to face to continue to serve.
Pray for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Prayers for Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI

Post by Denise » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:29 am

:cry: Bless his heart! I feel that when he is gone we won't even have a pope. You have to know and believe that he is suffering for all of us and the Church. Praying for him!
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:03 pm

I feel that too. That perhaps he is the real pope and when he's gone, what will happen? But surely, God has this in hand. His will be done!

And of course all prayers for him. My husband used to say, "I'm not much for dogs, but I love my "German Shepherd" !
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:32 am

I commenced the Pope Benedict XVI Novena for him (on day 3 today)
He is so amazing.....i found a pic of him giving an ailing St John Paul II Communion when the former Pontiff wasnt well.
The friendship bond they shared was amazing.
I pray I get to meet him one day in person.
Lord mercifully protect our Papa Benedetto
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord