He hopes to join them soon

Pope Benedict XVI

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

He hopes to join them soon

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:33 am

Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: He hopes to join them soon

Post by MarieT » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:08 am

i read this in the morning and was deeply saddened.
I can only imagine that a saint like him would naturally want to be with his Heavenly Father but also after what he is witnessing happening to the church. It cannot be easy for someone like Pope Benedict -our faithful and devoted Papa emeritus to go through this time with francis at the realm and constant changes coming through.

i continue to pray for him and selfishly ask that he has a long life with us on earth.....he is the light still during the times of darkness.....long may he live through the mercy of God
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:13 am

just made my day - Bless our holy Father Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
Gänswein, Benedict XVI’s private secretary, spoke to Germany’s Bild newspaper on Oct. 20 after media reports suggested that the 94-year-old retired pope had a “longing for death,” said CNA Deutsch, CNA’s German-language news partner.
“The art of dying well, that is, ars moriendi, is part of the Christian life. Pope Benedict has been doing that for many years,” Gänswein said.
“Yet he is absolutely full of zest for life. He is stable in his physical weakness, crystal clear in his head, and blessed with his typical Bavarian humor.”
complete story

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:30 am

👍 Papa B could live for years to come. My Henry is 97, will be 98 in March and he still has a crystal clear mind. He is legally blind and uses a walker but he gets around to wherever he needs to be. So, Papa B could live to be 100 all the while imparting wisdom to the world. 😄
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:59 am

i wish him a longer life...he nearly is 100 bless him

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:15 am

Please pray for the Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI

Opus Angelorum has issued him as my adoptive priest for the last few years.

Yesterday, I found the prayer card back from 2012 of another priest they issued me before the Emeritus Pope. A ten year old prayer card on the floor in front of me (where did it come from?) had me pondering.

I hope its not a sign, but I want to continue with the Emeritus Pope till the day I die, praying for him always.

What an exceptional and remarkable, man of faith and extraordinary Pope.
I pray for his long life as he is our beacon of hope in Rome and a wonderful person.
My regret is that i never got to meet him in person.
Perhaps if i'm deemed worthy......in the afterlife I will.
May Almighty God protect, shield and rejuvenate him, give him a long life on earth with us and bless him abundantly.
As always, God's will is best!

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:17 am

i omitted to mention that i saw a recent picture of Pope Benedict and sadly he is rather frail. :cry:

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:33 am

😥