Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI health deteriorates/Rest In Peace

Pope Benedict XVI

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI health deteriorates/Rest In Peace

Post by MarieT » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:35 am

Prayers are urgently requested for our dear Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, whose health has deteriorated.
VATICAN CITY — The Vatican confirmed Wednesday that pope emeritus Benedict XVI has experienced a sudden decline in his health, but is stable and under medical care.

“I can confirm that in the last few hours there has been a worsening due to advancing age. The situation at the moment remains under control, constantly followed by doctors,” Holy See Press Office director, Matteo Bruni, told journalists Dec. 28.
source

"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI health deteriorates

Post by MarieT » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:43 am

"Quite soon, I shall find myself before the final judge of my life. Even though, as I look back on my long life, I can have great reason for fear and trembling, I am nonetheless of good cheer, for I trust firmly that the Lord is not only the just judge, but also the friend and brother who himself has already suffered for my shortcomings, and is thus also my advocate, my “Paraclete.”

In light of the hour of judgement, the grace of being a Christian becomes all the more clear to me. It grants me knowledge, and indeed friendship, with the judge of my life, and thus allows me to pass confidently through the dark door of death."
- Pope Benedict XVI, Letter to the Archdiocese of Munich, 8 February 2022.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:59 am

🙏😥😭
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:32 pm

:cry: Pope Emeritus gravely ill
monitored around the clock by Doctors

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:35 pm

Viva il caro Papa Benedetto

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:53 am

So, so pitiful but he is such a beautiful soul. Lord, have mercy on your faithful servant.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:30 pm

praying continuously for our dear Pope Emeritus through Jesus, Mary, Joseph on this feast of the Holy Family today (in Australia)

He is excited to return to his maker but alas we want him here with us.
Please continue to storm the Lord with countless prayers for our Pope Emeritus

update on Pope Emeritus condition

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:51 am

update Dec 30
The Vatican has said former Pope Benedict’s condition remains “grave” but stable, after Pope Francis said the former pontiff is “very ill”.

“The Pope Emeritus managed to rest well during the night, he is absolutely lucid and aware, and today, even though his condition remains grave, the situation is at the moment stable,” Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni said.

The Vatican previously said that the deterioration in his health was due to his “advanced age” and added that Benedict was being constantly monitored by doctors.

Pope Francis had said on Wednesday: “I would like to ask all of you for a special prayer for Pope Emeritus Benedict, who, in silence, is sustaining the Church. Let us remember him.

“He is very sick, asking the Lord to console and sustain him in this witness of love for the Church, until the end.”
Pope Benedict illness update Fri Dec 30

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:02 am

A Storm Is Coming When Benedict Dies

Benedict is like the oldest living member of the family, a relic from another era who represents a lost generation in a time where all the sons of the family view the past as the greatest enemy.

https://www.crisismagazine.com/opinion/ ... 38c6455e8c

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:24 pm

indeed a storm
I cannot fathom the church without him
his solitude and contemplative prayers are what are holding the church together after the extreme changes sanctioned by francis including the forbidding to celebrate the traditional latin mass ....what must he be thinking?

Long life to Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI

updates are monitored throughout the day and prayers for his wellbeing and protection
In a statement Friday, a spokesperson from the Vatican’s press office said that Benedict’s health “remains stable at this time” and said that the former pope was able to have a good rest and participate in a celebration of Mass in his room.

A mass is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. in Rome to remember Benedict in prayer and health. In a statement, the Diocese of Rome has asked for all “parish communities, chaplaincies, religious men and women, all the faithful of the diocese and all the men and women of goodwill who live in Rome,” to gather in prayer for Benedict, “praying to the Lord that He may console him and sustain him in his witness of love for the Church...

source

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:54 pm

I don't want to lose him but the Solemnity of Mary is upcoming and it wouldn't surprise me if the Lord took him home, accompanied by Our Lady on her day.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:37 am

I hear you - i'm the same
i'm being selfish as he cannot wait to go to his Creator and is well ready
but I and the rest of the faithful just dont want to let him go and are storming Heaven for him to live longer

At 95, he has had a fulfilling life but God's will is best.
He has been my adopted priest to pray for from Opus Angelorum for many years....its extraordinary, every year they would send me a different priest to pray for card....but with Pope Benedict, i've received his prayer card every year from then on for numerous years since his retirement i believe.

I heard he said Mass with the assistance of Ganswein. Long life to him is my wish but God's will is best.
Pope Benedict is serene - like many of the saints have been that have gone before him.
I just hope he stays with us.
Lord mercifully hear our prayers and let him stay with us longer please

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:07 am

Cardinal De Donatis presides over special Mass for Benedict XVI
In his homily pronounced on December 30 evening in St John's Basilica in the Lateran, the Cardinal Vicar General for the Diocese of Rome expresses the prayerful “affection” and “gratitude” of the entire Church of Rome to the Pope Emeritus, whose health conditions remain stable.
As cardinals, bishops, bishops’ conferences and faithful around the world continue to offer prayers for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, the Cardinal Vicar General for the Diocese of Rome, Angelo De Donatis, on Friday presided over a special evening Mass for him in St John's Basilica in the Lateran.

Although critical, the director of the Vatican Press Office, Matteo Bruni, has confirmed that Benedict XVI’s health conditions remain stable.

Affection and gratitude
Cardinal De Donatis introduced his homily by expressing the prayerful “affection” and “gratitude” of the entire Church of Rome to the Pope Emeritus, who - he noted - loved his Diocese “so much and served (it) with unselfish love.”Reflecting on today’s Gospel of the Solemnity of the Holy Family, the Archpriest St John's Basilica highlighted the likeness between the “trusting abandonment” to God of Benedict XVI whose baptismal name is Joseph, to that of St. Joseph when fleeing Herod with Mary and Baby Jesus.
Interestingly the latest prayer card sent to me to pray for Pope Benedict has St Joseph on the cover and asking for his intercession for my "adopted priest" and other priests.

complete story

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:06 am

it is with a saddened heart the following report is posted
may almighty God take our dear papa Benedetto into His loving embrace
Former pope Benedict XVI has died aged 95.

Benedict, the Pope Emeritus, died on Saturday in the Mater Ecclesiae Monastery in the Vatican, a spokesman for the Holy See confirmed.

He had headed the Roman Catholic church from 2005 to 2013.

"With sorrow I inform you that the Pope Emeritus, Benedict XVI, passed away today at 9:34 in the Mater Ecclesiae Monastery in the Vatican. Further information will be provided as soon as possible," the spokesman said in a written statement.

The Vatican has said his body will lie in state in St Peter's Basilica from Monday.

Benedict, the first German pope in 1,000 years, was also the first pontiff in 600 years to resign.

He was born Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger on April 16, 1927, in the southern German village of Marktl, close to Austria.
Pope Benedict XVI dies, aged 95

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:08 am

farewell dearest Papa Benedetto
You will be sadly missed.