Pope Benedict XVI

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Fr. Joseph Ratzinger

Post by Denise » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:35 pm

Why Do Heretics Remain in the Church?

https://www.crisismagazine.com/opinion/ ... 2023-03-30
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Fr. Joseph Ratzinger

Post by MarieT » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:11 pm

Pope Benedict no doubt is one of the greatest theologians and brilliant minds.
He will be greatly missed.
He had an essence about him that he could capture the mindset of differing personnel. He is like an inspid psychologist that knows the mind of men.
In my theological studies commenced this year - the amount of literature with his name on it is astounding. Every element of Theology has a document with his name on it.

I still cannot believe he is gone. What an outstanding human being, priest, bishop, cardinal, pope......

I was reading that despite his youth, his brilliance was recognised and he was asked to participate in the 2nd vatican council. His input was profound.....the original shema produced resulted in Fr Ratzinger stating that it was weak and then he laid out the problems with it and suggestions. His outstanding contributions to that Council are still being discussed and written about today.

A great future pope and mind was evolving and the then current pope recognised it immediately

A tribute from Bishop Barron
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord