Botched execution shows death penalty must end

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." This forum was created specifically for notices on upcoming US executions so that these men and women will be guaranteed our prayers as they meet Our Lord face to face.

Moderators: MarieT, Lori

Denise
Site Admin

Botched execution shows death penalty must end

Post by Denise » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:52 am

Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:33 pm

On his execution date, Hamm was strapped to a gurney for two and a half hours as prison medical officials were unable to find a suitable vein for the lethal injection. Hamm’s lawyers say they found 11 puncture wounds, including six in his groin area, following the execution attempt. The execution was halted shortly before midnight, when the death warrant was due to expire.
I'd heard about this. It was a precitable fiasco given Hamm's damaged veins as a result of cancer. Good grief he'd already spent 30 years in prison. If that, along with this botched execution, isn't grounds for commutation what is?
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9