Marian Helper Problems.../Medjugorje

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

MarkieW

Marian Helper Problems

Post by MarkieW » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:30 pm

Denise, on the topic of having a comfortable life in the faith ,Mine has been on the front lines my entire life.I have seen the devil face to face and lived to pray about it every day.I Could tell you stories.......but that would be a mater of FAITH if you believed me :wink: Peace,MM

Lori

Post by Lori » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:35 pm

You Have"nt answered my Question about St.Joe"s Communications or EWTN. BEcause I Will Be Calling them For Clarification On This Matter,I Will Get to the bottom of this one,I HAve had an association with the Marians for many years.You Telling me I"ve Been Duped,
Markie,

Before I went ahead and opened this can of worms I prayed and studied and prayed and studied and prayed and studied. I mean hours and hours and hours. I am but one woman who can fight on just one front at a time. The Marians arrived on my doorstep literally. I did not ask to fight them. They took the lead and advertised blatantly disobedient material. Saint Joseph Communications is also selling Medjugorje videos and books. They are just not labeled as such. NO TURNING BACK is the name of the book and video that should not be for sale of their website. There might be more. You would need to really do your homework and then in a nice way ask them to remove the items. Let us know how they react. When I called Aquinasgifts they instantly apologized and removed the items. I was ignored at both Ignatius.com and Leaflet Missal Company. My money does not support them anymore.

EWTN is another battle on another day. I have learned so much from them and it just makes me ill that their Q&A forum has issues and that they interviewed Father Donald Calloway on Life on the Rock and call him a modern day Saint Augustine. The obvious difference is the Saint Augustine's mother is Saint Monica and Father Calloway credits the Gospa at Medjugorje(aka Satan) for saving his life!

Blessings,

Lori

June D

Post by June D » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:42 pm

Hi Everyone. I first read Lori's post yesterday and waited for others to post. First, I truly want to thank Lori for the information. I would have never known. Do I believe this information? Without a doubt! All a person has to do is look at the Church Jesus Christ Himself started. What has happened to the church? Ah, one broke away because they didn't like this or that or another thing. Another broke away from this and that and another thing. I did a Google search and got this: there are 19 major world religions which are subdivided into a total of 270 large religious groups, and many smaller ones. 34,000 separate Christian groups have been identified in the world. "Over half of them are independent churches that are not interested in linking with the big denominations." This is the first one that came up. I don't want to waste anymore time than this. That's not what Jesus intended. He intended the one True Church. Does anyone want to borrow my "AA-1025" book? Look at all the "Catholic" Churches. Why are they celebrating the Mass differently at so many of them? Read "AA-1025" and you'll have your answers. Lori, you posted with a heavy heart. Thank you. Jesus did so much with a heavy heart too!
Now, who says that EWTN isn't infallible? If the church has gone array, what would make EWTN so faithful to Jesus' teachings, protected from the works of Satan?
Finally, I wish to give my input on apparitions. All I'm going to say is this... Look at Lourdes, Guadalupe & Fatima. How long were those apparitions? Now look at the Medjugorje apparitions, their still going on after 20 years! God Have Mercy! Jesus I Trust In You!!!
Ted Stith in Florida, another victim of death by starvation as in the Florida case of Terri Schiavo. Folks, this is only the begining. It won't be long before Catholics will be Euthanized. Think I'm bonkers? Look at what has gone on in the Catholic Church the past few years. And... have you noticed at all, that there is no "other" religion that has been attacked? What will be the next attacks against Catholics?
MarkieW, go to http://www.faustinum.pl/ and click on the British flag.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:48 pm

People went to Lourdes before it was "Approved" Are They in Hell Now or something?I
People weren't told by the Bishop that Lourdes and the Apparitions were false either, they could go if they wanted to. There was no decision at all against Lourdes by the Bishop. Comparing the state of Medjugorje with four star approved apparitions is not a good thing.

As far as who is in hell, God did not die and Denise didn't take his place so I would have no idea who is there and who isn't.

To say things "can't" come from the devil is a bit much. Yes, things can be prompted by the devil. It is God who draws good from evil, you know, God writes straight with a crooked line sometimes.
If We Are Not Spitting in his Face and Being like the unrepentant thief than whats the matter with trying to do our best?,peace,MM
Oh there is not one thing wrong with trying to do our best,
that is why this conversation is going on here; I am doing my best to get the information that I have studied for 9 years, out to the people who have no clue.

Blessings
Denise

johnmc

Post by johnmc » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:01 pm

Before we continue calumnizing the Marians or Father Dan Calloway or EWTN over a statement by the Bishop of Mostar we would do well to read this:

www.ewtn.com/library/CURIA/CDFAUBRY.HTM

Sorry, Denise, I have not learned to cut and paste yet. :roll:

John

MarkieW

Marian Helper Problems

Post by MarkieW » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:14 pm

Hi again, Isn"t Father Fessio in Charge of Ignatius,which by the way has exclusive rights to sell B-16 "s Books,The Holy Father Pope Benedict 16 Could"nt be mixed up in all this! This Is a very interesting conversation,I"ll stay tuned for evidence on all fronts. On Another note the Different Rites in The Catholic Church are about 21 I Believe(??) All under Our Holy Father,All Completely Catholic. Peace,MM

johnmc

Post by johnmc » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:30 pm

Since it is fair to use Catholic Culture Site reviews in this discussion they evaluated the marians and updated it 1/24/06.

Weaknesses

NONE REPORTED

John

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:39 pm

John, no one is slandering anyone. The facts are in the pudding here. This that you have posted from EWTN is not from the Bishop of Mostar, whose most recent decision on Medjugorje has been posted by Lori.

Facts on EWTN. I sent the letter of the bishop to Collin Donovan and he replied that EWTN was staying neutral in the matter. The fact is that this is untrue. Everything on their web site concerning Medjugorje is certainly not neutral. I can forward you his email if you like, without cutting and pasting so you can indeed see that it came from him.

Colin Donovan also said that the Vatican took away the Bishop of Mostar's
control over the decision on this and it is simply not true. He cannot proide any documentation on this matter and if rome had done this it would be easily accessable.

As far as Fr. Calloway is concerned, an order came from Rome that no clergy was to speak of Medjugorje from the pulpit in favor of it and he has frequented St. Monica's here in dallas and done just that. He didn't learn much about being a faithful priest when he was in Medj.

The new radio station here in Dallas was advertising his appearances etc. and a letter writing campaign was started to offer them the truth. Well, once the mn decided to do some investigating there is no longer any talk of Medjugorje from them.

"The gospa at Medjugorje teaches that "all religions are equal", while the seers have alleged that U.F.O.'s are real! Most scandalous of all is the continuous allegations made by 'Our Lady of Medjugorje' that the Bishop is "bad", that he will be punished, and that it is "her will" that his decrees regarding the expulsions of certain de-frocked clerics should be ignored."

HER WILL? Hum, what happened to God's Will? These ae the kind of statements that turn non Catholics off big time. Who died and made her God? This is not MY Mother speaking!

I have books published from the very beginning of these apparition and I can tell you, messages have been changed from publication to publication of supposedly the same messages. Did the mother of God make a mistake? Was she wrong. OR...were the previous published messages not in conformity with the church and so they were changed to make them conform? Good question.

Let me say this...I never wanted any discussion about this on my forum or web site but things have presented themselves to me recently and the truth has to come out. After we have a tet a tet about this then the subject will be closed and we can go back to the peaceful place I have known for years. As I said, I have been dealing with Medjugorje and the facts, reading their books etc for about 9 years. Maybe people have no clue and so if they didn't, now they do.

I have found out in dealing with Medjugorje supporters that they get every bit of their information from pro Medj. sites and have no clue what the bishop said or what Canon Law states concerning this kind of thing. I have had many, that once they are enlightened, they see the error in Medj. Father O'Brien told me once not to talk to walls. He said when I run up against those who won't listen to the truth that Medj. is not approved, leave them alone and pray for them.

There is a young man that attends Steubenville U. He has a web site and addresses Medj. and young Fr. Calloway. He use to be a believer in Medj and , well, you can read what he says for yourself if you want to get to the bottom of all this.

Just for the record...years ago I was in error in believing in the so-called apparitions in Medjugorje. I found out better by studying my faith more and understanding how the church views ths kind of thing and what the process is.

Pardon the typos, husband is waiting for me to eat.

God bless
Denise
Last edited by Denise on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkieW

Marian Helper Problems

Post by MarkieW » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:39 pm

Hey,Whats this Sites rating? I Wonder...... :wink: MM

MarkieW

Marian Helper Problems

Post by MarkieW » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:53 pm

Hey Denise,Now Don"t Take this the wrong way ,I Just want to ask some objective questions O.K. Who Are You ,Who Is Lori.Where do you get your info,how do you know you are not being misled,I Know Some People who Are Involved in Very reputable orgs. who would dispute your claims.Why Should we believe one over the other .You Say you will shut out the discussion well This IS Your Website.But I Think It IS Disingenous to Not Go More in depth on the Topic or it might seem as if your credibility is questionalble(sort of like a Hit And Run). Peace,MM P.S. I"m Not trying to be a smart alec,I Would really Like to know if All this Comes down to a he says she says sort of thing. Who Is catholic Culture,are they official watchdogs of the Vatican?(I have used them in the past,I just am throwing out points to get a well rounded discussion)Do They Have an Agenda,Seems everyone has an agenda.......but people are coming home to Rome :D

MarkieW

Marian Helper Problems

Post by MarkieW » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:59 pm

HEy ,I Can"t Find this site on Catholic Culture .Does this Mean What I think It means :P ??????? Just Kidding(Kinda)PeaceMM

June D

Post by June D » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:06 pm

Where do you get your info,how do you know you are not being misled,
You can go right to the Vatican's site and look up the documents between John Paul II and the Bishop of Mostar. Read them for yourself. God Bless!!!

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:27 pm

Markie, first of all I am no one. As de Sales said, "What was I when I was not? What was I who am now something, is but a poor and simple worm of the earth".

Ok, I guess that took care of that. Being someone, as you say, makes not a hill of beans but having the truth does. I got all my information from all the documents from the Bishop of Mostar and the Vatican, and I didn't take them out of context. :wink: There are plenty to read, have you read them? Also it doesn't take a theologian to know when it ISN'T the virgin speaking.

God uses little nothings as His tools when they are open to the truth and don't contradict the Church. Why he even told St. Catherine Laboure that she was the abyss of ignorance and yet look what He accomplished using her ignorance.

As far as caholicculture, why don't you submit my site? I have already and they are pretty backed up so they will get to me when they get to me.Have you read what they say about any web sites who promote Medj.? They are also in the process of regrading the Marian Helpers. :D No, they are not watchdogs for the Vatican, is EWTN? They are fallible and they are not Rome either. At least catholicculture prints things according to the mind of the church.

I will shut the discussion when I feel that attitudes of vindictivness are speaking and not those attitudes of true concern, or keep it going and get rid of the vindictive person. It is simple as that. My forum, as you say.

Markie, you called me about two weeks ago at 10pm at night really concerned that a book your priest friend wrote coudn't be approved by certain people because it had something concerning Medjugorje in it. Looks like the people have a concern about Medj. but have a hard time saying it in public. We had a long conversation and I gave you ample material to study but I guess you didn't study it. :?

Can you produce a document to me that states that the faithful do not have to obey Canon Law in the case of Medjugorje? I want to see it if you know where one is. I also want to see an approval of the bishop in that See where he publically gives approval.

God bless
Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:31 pm

Sorry John, forgot to post the link

http://www.kevinsymonds.com/Med.html

Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:41 pm

Documents

http://members.tripod.com/~chonak/docum ... index.html

And:

AUSTRALIA - Archbishop George Pell of Sydney WHO IS SOMEBODY AS YOU PUT IThas refused to allow Vicka Mijatovic-Ivankovic, 38, one of the six alleged Medjugorje visionaries, to speak in any Church building during a visit to his country, because her claims have been refuted by the bishops of former Yugoslavia. The archbishop feared that if he allowed her to address Catholics from Church property he would be giving official sanction to claims that were rejected by Mrs Mijatovic-Ivankovic's local bishops, whose function it was to determine their authenticity. [Catholic Herald -

CWN
http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=16570
Last edited by Denise on Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.