Marian Helper Problems.../Medjugorje

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:13 am

Now is that Donal's book "The Medjugorje Deception"?
No, that book os Fr. Sivric's book. He was born and raised in Medj and he did a very good job writing the book. Donal's in the new one called, "Understanding Medjugorje, Heavenly Visions or Religious Illusion?" Oh it is awesome and Donal is a wonderful Mariologist. I also what to buy his book, "Marian Apparitions, the Bible, and the Modern World."

In his new book he speaks a lot on Fatima and Lourdes, comparing every aspect with Medj. and Garabandal. He is dead on with his facts!

Blessings
Denise

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:10 pm

I think this is the book that I received an MSWord draft of. It was very good from what I can remember. Unfortunately, my funds for this book are nothing at this moment.

Peace!
-KJS

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:38 am

I got a letter back from the Divine Mercy Sisters in Dorchester, MA concerning the Marians of the Immaculate Conception. I do not think it prudent to reproduce their text but I can tell you the gist.

All they said was to call their motherhouse in Warsaw and they gave me their number.

Now that's humility for you!

-KJS

Lori

Post by Lori » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:30 am

Kevin,

I spoke with two of the sisters in Dorcester and one argued with me about Medj and told me that she got her vocation there and that I was way wrong and that she would pray for me. I pray that you have good results when you contact the Motherhouse. I have emailed everyone in the chain of command for the MIC and even the Archbishop of Kracow concerning the infiltration of Medj in the MIC and the Sisters.

Blessings,

Lori

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:26 pm

Lori,
-This blog entry might yield some interesting results for you:

http://cornell-catholic-circle.blogspot ... gorje.html

It is unfortunate but so many people have lost a lot of the Catholic ethos that they don't realize even the devil will tempt people to join the religious life. There is always the example of how the devil tempted a young Benedictine monk to take holy orders. St. Benedict warned him that the day he took holy orders, the devil would possess him. Heed the advice the young man did, but then he relented and took holy orders. Immediately he became possessed.

We know the above story is true. Pope St. Gregory the Great himself records it in Book II of his Dialogues.

What becomes problematic though is that the above information could start a major panic. There simply isn't enough common sense left and a lot of people could become paranoid that they didn't discern well or whatever else have you.

It's terrible and I lament the state of things.

Peace!
-KJS

Lori

Post by Lori » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:32 pm

Kevin,

I read the blog. Yes, it is sad. We probably need to pray a lot for the priests and other religious and well as lay people who give credit to their conversion to Medj.

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:18 pm

Lori wrote:Kevin,

I read the blog. Yes, it is sad. We probably need to pray a lot for the priests and other religious and well as lay people who give credit to their conversion to Medj.
Fr. Benedict Groeschel was here in Steubenville on Saturday to give the Holy Hour meditation. He mentioned how 20% of the CFR friars came from Steubenville. It reminded me how one of that 20% told me that a lot of the CFR's became religious because of Medjugorje. Everything added up in my head and it really bothered me during the Holy Hour. I just couldn't focus on what was going on and it bothers me.

Peace!
-KJS
p.s. Denise, I just got Foley's book on Medj. today. I'll go through it and see what he says.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:40 pm

Kevin, you will get a lot out of the book.

Fr. Groeschel made a statement in one of his books that raise a very big red flag with me. I will tell you what I am referring to when the time is right.

Denise

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:04 am

Denise wrote:Kevin, you will get a lot out of the book.

Fr. Groeschel made a statement in one of his books that raise a very big red flag with me. I will tell you what I am referring to when the time is right.

Denise
I remember that quote from A Still Small Voice. I was flabbergasted after having read it. Fr. Groeschel is a respected man, but there are some issues when reading him. I know respectable people that really don't care for him and after what he did on Saturday night, I'm beginning to wonder.

During the holy hour, Fr. Groeschel made an appeal for the conference participants to give money in support of the University. He said, "to give until it hurts." Right there with the Blessed Sacrament exposed and he opens up his meditation with a throw at financial support.

This after a number of incessant appeals were already made at more proper times during the conference.

Mortifying, simply mortifying.

Though I will give some credit and say that Fr. Groeschel seemed to think better of his words towards the end of the speel. However, by that point in the ordering of his reflection, it didn't matter. The damage had already been done.

But alas, I'm just not open to the Holy Spirit. :lol:

-KJS

Lori

Post by Lori » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:58 am

Kevin,

Denise well knows my feelings about the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. After a quick search on their site one can easily find references including "pilgrimages" to Medj. How disobedient of them!!

Blessings,

Lori

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:00 pm

Lori wrote:Kevin,

Denise well knows my feelings about the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. After a quick search on their site one can easily find references including "pilgrimages" to Medj. How disobedient of them!!

Blessings,

Lori
I know what you mean. If it is any consolation to you, Lori, I've had to accept the fact that it is not willful disobedience. So many people have bought into the Medjugorje propaganda that they've been denied and cut off from the truth (not just the facts).

It's all in how you read the documents........on in this case, it's all in what lens has been given to you in reading said documents.

Peace!
-KJS

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:18 am

Kevin, I have to disagree about it not being willful disobedience, especially since the last round that was plastered everwhere on the net for all to see, as well as diocesan news papers. What part of "STOP" don't people understand? What part of the word "schism" don't people understand? And yet it continues to go on like nothing was said. Like you will hear or read in Fr. Paul's homily for the 31st Sunday, yesterday, concerning another matter, people are thinking with emotion and feeling and not with reason and certainly not with wisdom.

Take our diocese paper for example. The letter from the Bp. Peric was in that paper, the editor sided with the bishop citing Canon Law and still to this week, these so-called messages are being published in the paper. WILLFULL DISOBEDIENCE!So that means the Queen of Peace Center here is ignoring Canon Law and the bishop in Mostar and actually so is the paper, who have appeared now to be talking out of both sides of their mouths. The only thing different now is that they are putting a notice at the bottom of the ad saying that this is not approved by the Church. They are not supposed to be printing anything at all! What a contradiction. Of course the diocese is making money off the ad. Judas only got 30 pieces of silver for selling out the TRUTH, I wonder how much this paper is getting. WILLFULL DISOBEDIENCE! :wink:

Just remember what PJPII said about having a "false sense of compassion". I agree that there are some poor people out there who have no access to a computer or to a parish that is obedient itself; those people I would think are not in willfull disobedience.

Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Marian Helper Problems

Post by MarieT » Tue May 01, 2007 7:59 pm

MarkieW wrote:Denise, on the topic of having a comfortable life in the faith ,Mine has been on the front lines my entire life.I have seen the devil face to face and lived to pray about it every day.I Could tell you stories.......but that would be a mater of FAITH if you believed me :wink: Peace,MM
lets hear the stories markie...i'm intrigued

blessings
marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue May 01, 2007 8:02 pm

Denise wrote: I am doing my best to get the information that I have studied for 9 years, out to the people who have no clue.

Blessings
Denise
and doing a mighty fine job at that also
God bless ya

m7
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord