Defending the Eucharist?

Sometimes we need to talk about issues that concern us or have affected us personally. In this forum, you are welcomed to respectfully vent your concerns about today's Church issues or other issues of importance. News stories are welcomed here as well.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Defending the Eucharist?

Post by Denise » Fri May 24, 2024 1:41 pm

IMHO....yep!

priest accused of biting woman

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... 2024-05-24
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Defending the Eucharist?

Post by MarieT » Fri May 24, 2024 8:12 pm

How terrible that this should occur. during a most sacred holy moment, in the presence of the Lord

The priest evidently knew some prior but recent indiscretion that prohibited her from receiving the Blessed Sacrament, but (and I will need to check this as I'm not a Canon Lawyer) as far as i'm aware, he can give communion and the sin is on her if she hasn't received the Blessed Sacrament worthily.

There was a case many years ago and it was decided that the priest is not in a position to judge at the moment of administering communion the state of the recipient's soul....and interrogations about whether the person is in a worthy disposition are embarrassing for both parties.

Having said that, if someone wearing a blatant sign of not being in the correct disposition goes up for Communion (as the homosexual group that affronted Cardinal Pell's line at the catherdral when he was archbishop and i was present to witness-- The Good Cardinal smiled, shook his head to say "no" and then protected the Blessed Sacrament--- that is deemed a different circumstance as they were blatantly wearing signs promoting homosexuality.

Regarding the priest charged, speculated that the priest's knowledge of the indiscretion...and this is just speculation - i wasnt there nor know how he knows.....but lets hope he didnt discover it from her confession, or even the act of slightly hinting something that the Sacramental Seal protects would incur immediately a Latae Sententiae - for breaking the seal. <--- the Latin term means 'immediately" even before a hearing to investigate if the Confessional seal was broken.

Let us pray for the priest and all involved.
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord